You need to make each and every associate of your organization to work from home when a pandemic like situation arrives.
One key aspect of preparation is to revisit the existing infrastructure to enable the remote work. Infrastructure in this context refers to the assets and utilities required to support remote working.
Areas of Focus for additional and upgrading Infrastucture
You may need to review all the connections required in your Project (s). The connectivity may be required for:
Accessing Project Applications
Accessing the servers and applications relevant to the Project. If the project is to implement SAP, you need access to server hosting SAP application.
Other applications may include:
- elearning tools such as SAP enable or others
- Win Shuttle for Data Migration
You need access and authorized privileges to work on the applications such as SAP, Databases, Data Migration tools such as Win Shuttle etc
2. Accessing the Knowledge management portal and repository
This access is to:
- Refer the relevant documentation such as requirements, Customer processes, Master data of current business
- Publish the work in progress and signed documentation
- Standard material such as SAP documents, Winshuttle installation manual
- Governance documentation such as Minutes of meetings, Key Decisions, Action items, Project schedule etc
3. Other enabling tools such as
- Test capturing and managing tools like SAP Solution Manager or HP ALM etc
- Test Automation Tools such as Selenium (if applicable)
- Performance testing Tools
- Batch Job Management tools
- Many others
4. External access as part of Project
You may also need to check the external access to your customer assets.
For example, SAP to access and perform some actions such as SAP Audit, Performance checks
5. Collaboration tools
Tools required to interact and deliver the Project deliverables:
- Web Chat such as Google Handout, MS teams, Concorde etc
- Web Conferencing tools such as Google Meet, MS teams, Zoom etc
- Data storing drives such as Google Drive, Dropbox
- Email interaction tools such as MS Exchange, Gmail etc
- Project Collaboration tools such as beehive, MS Project Server etc
6. Internal access
Within your organization teams such as your IT team has to access each system used by Project members to perform
- Remote installation of Software such as MS Office, MS Projects etc
- Machine Administration for all assets used by Project teams, for actions such as regular monitoring, acting on threats etc.
- Preparation tasks such as Tuning newly issued Systems to Company Image
- Loading and managing threat prevention such as anti-virus, Anti-Hacking threats
- Installation and managing of Data Privacy tools
- Remote Connections such as VPN, Remote Desktop or equivalent
- All Protections such as Vulnerability management
You need to check all the aspects track-wise and include the scale of assets required to cover all the team members.
Want to know more?
The Course Remote Execution of an SAP Implementation (https://www.michaelmanagement.com/sap-training-course/remote-execution-of-an-sap-implementation) covers this topic extensively along with all other preparations required for any Organization to execute the Projects completely from Remote.
The course introduces a Problem statement in the form of a virtual scenario that mandated 100% remote execution of SAP Implementation.
It followed by Preparation aspects such as infrastructure, Training, Process changes etc, to ensure the new working model is enabled with all support.
Finally it explains how the entire project is Executed. As part of the learning, the course provides review and analysis on open items such as inability to test the Hard Printouts, Physical Server administration tasks, to make your organization more prepared to remote execution.
This course is more like a case study with reference to a Close to real business Case such as SAP Implementation. It is not a structured course that explains just how to implement SAP. It is also not a course which talks about just remote working.
The course in structured as :
|Welcome||1||Meet your Instructor||02:04 mins|
|2||Course Overview||07:07 mins|
|3||What is the context of the course content?||06:10 mins|
|Business Case||4||Business Case: The Situation||04:11 mins|
|5||Business Case: The Challenges||10:17 mins|
|Preparation||6||Process and Policies||03:27 mins|
|7||Process for New Working Style||09:59 mins|
|8||Ownership of Asset Protection||03:27 mins|
|9||Role Clarity||07:06 mins|
|10||Objectives Achieved from establishing Role Clarity||03:53 mins|
|11||Protection of Customer Interest||04:43 mins|
|12||Revisit, Validate and Arrange Infrastructure||10:52 mins|
|13||Training Managers||07:41 mins|
|14||Team Building||05:07 mins|
|Execution Approach||15||Execution Approach: Introduction||01:08 mins|
|16||Preparation Phase in Brief||02:57 mins|
|17||Blue Print Phase in Brief||02:29 mins|
|18||Realization phase in Brief||01:45 mins|
|19||Final Preparation Phase||02:29 mins|
|20||Analysis and Plan||01:41 mins|
|Collaterals||21||SAP Implementation Cycle in Brief|
|Execution||22||Blue Print Phase: Major Activities||02:11 mins|
|23||Blue Print Phase: Activity Analysis||11:07 mins|
|24||Blue Print Phase: Tools Used||02:08 mins|
|25||Execution: Realization Phase||05:28 mins|
|26||Execution: Go Live and Support||06:05 mins|
|Learning||27||Learnings and Experience||07:58 mins|
|Future Preparation||28||Tips to Prepare Future Remote Engagements||06:33 mins|
|New way of Life||29||New Way of Life||01:31 mins|
|30||The Positives||07:20 mins|
|31||The Challenges||07:14 mins|
|32||New Way of Life Trends||04:29 mins|
|Open Items||33||Open Items for Remote Working||06:03 mins|
|Closure||34||Future Predictions and WishLists||05:30 mins|